As you know in this day and time, there are a lot of you who like to take charge and plan your own travel or pretty much do things for yourself. So we took a moment to list 5 Tips from a Travel Insider that will point you in the right direction.
1. Keep in mind that engines like Orbitz and HotWire are at the mercy of the airlines and hotels that put the deals on their website but if you don’t see what you want you can always call a travel professional. They have access to different systems than your online engines most of the times.
2. Speaking of traveling, when purchasing airfare it’s always best to look for rates either on Monday evening or Tuesday. This is when the airlines release their discounts after the weekend sales were unfavorable. So make sure you check back if you had a long weekend of searching and nothing seem appealing.
3. Another little tidbit. The best time to fly would be Saturday to Tuesday or Wednesday to Saturday you’ll find cheaper fares instead of Thursday to Sunday or Friday to Monday.
4. Our all time favorite is the new TSA Prescreening check-in. You don’t have to stand in those long lines when returning from your vacation. This has made it so easy to come back and slide you card to avoid the headache of going through customs. Make sure you apply before your next vacation.
5. Last but not least, forgot your charger at home. No problem. Most hotels or resorts are able to help. Normally they have a variety of chargers on hand from previous travelers leaving them behind. Hotels like Sheraton’s Ballantyne would lend you curling irons – also other items that clients may have left behind.
Hope these insider tips has given you some informed information to a smooth travel experience on next vacation.